How do I get a program written for me?
Developing a custom program isn't necessarily difficult - it's something that businesses do all the time.
This is the process you can expect if you ask Mamet and Associates to develop a program for you:
|1) Write up the specifications|
2) We quote on the work
3) We do the work
Our Payment Terms
Common Questions and Answers
Q. What sort of programs can you write for me?
Q. Who owns the work once it's done?
Q. Can I sell it to someone else? What if they want documents?
Q. What if I want changes later on?
1) Write up the specifications
Firstly, we need to have an agreed specification - one that you're prepared to sign and say "This is what I want my system to do". This is required for two essential reasons:
- First, our programming team must be able to understand exactly what is needed, and
- It also has to be sufficiently detailed so that a reasonable person could compare the specification with what has been delivered and measure if the project is complete.
The specification is a living document and will be updated if we change the scope of what is being built. If you don't have a specification, or the one that you do have is not sufficiently detailed we can guide you and help specify the system for you.
2) We quote on the workIf we have a good specification and understanding of what needs to be done, we can prepare you a quote. The quote will detail the amount of work we think is involved, what we will do, how long it will take - and what it will cost you.
3) We do the work
If you accept our quote, we'll agree then a start date and delivery schedule for you. The timeframe will vary depending on the project - but we always aim to have something you can "see" as soon as possible. Doing the work includes the following:
- Writing the program
- Talking with you about any issues that arise
- Performing our own testing on the program to make sure it's technically correct
- Helping you to test the program to make sure it meets your needs.
- Revisions, and any bug fixes - plus retesting as necessary
Our Payment TermsUnless we have an existing business relationship with you we'll require a deposit to be paid before work commences. Typically, there will be milestone payments to be paid at certain stages - much like building a house. The final payment is paid to us when you accept delivery of the program as complete and working.
Q. What sort of programs can you write for me?A. The possibilities are limited by the imagination and your budget - our team has the skill and experience to bring almost any conceivable project through to completion.
Q. Who owns the work once it's done?A. Once we have received payment in full, the work is yours. There are no licence fees or royalty payments to Mamet and Associates or per-user fees.
Q. Can I sell it to someone else? What if they want documents?A. Yes, it's yours. We're happy to execute any documents your potential buyer might need to assure them of your ownership
Q. What if I want changes later on?A. You have the full "source code" to the program. We'd like it if you came back to us and asked us to do them - but nothing technical or contractual would stop you from hiring someone else if you were so inclined.
|"Our business needed an ecommerce platform with real flexibility. From start to finish Mamet and Associates understood our needs and delivered outstanding work with enthusiasm, commitment and professionalism."|
Lotus Collection Web Site
© 2003-2017 Mamet and Associates || Created on 27 December 2003 || Last updated: 16 September 2009